Stop & Shop Distribution Center Tour
The New England Roundtable & Council of Supply Chain Management (CSCMP) present the Stop & Shop Distribution Center Tour.
Date/Time: Thursday, September 17, 2009 @ 9:00 AM OR
Thursday, September 17, 2009 @ 1:00 PM
Place: Stop & Shop Distribution Center
136 South Main Street
Assonet, MA 02702
Non-members are always welcome. The registration fee is $40 if prepaid by Wednesday, September 16. For full-time students, the prepaid fee is $15. No walk-ins and no competitors are permitted on this tour. Register soon - limit of 50 for each tour.
For more information and to register, please go to our event web site: New England Roundtable Events.
No cameras or video equipment allowed. Stop & Shop reserves the right to screen all potential visitors to insure no competitors attend.
What You Will See and Learn:
- Serving 250 Stop & Shop stores in 5 states, distributing over 130 million cases per year
- View a state-of-the-art distribution process
- Automated Storage Retrieval System (ASRS) – 77 Cranes
- Integration of several applications: WMS, HK Cranes, Voice, RF Loading Receiving, Blue Sky, and TMS
- Understand the complexities of the business
- Union workforce, contract constraints, turnover
- Unbalanced weekly volume
- Freshness and code dating
- History and overview of this 5 year old facility
- Hear about the implementation of their new logo