Job Opening: Product Design Engineer, Sterling, MA
Anderson Power Products is looking for a product design engineer who will be responsible for the design of new products and modification of existing products utilizing design manufacturability and assembly DFM/DFA techniques.
This is an exempt, professional position that reports to the Director of Engineering. The person will work under requirements or instructions to design and develop new products or redesign existing products. This position also interfaces with manufacturing, marketing, outside vendors, and customers.
Primary Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work under the guidance of the Director of Engineering to develop 3D designs of new products, and modifications of existing products to meet customer needs, UL and IEC regulatory requirements.
- Work in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, manufacturing department, and quality department to develop product cost, tooling cost, and regulatory compliance costs for assigned projects.
- Develop design prototypes, and perform preliminary mechanical and electrical testing of concepts to verify design intent.
- Execute detailed tolerance analysis of designs to insure functional design intent, manufacturing capability and quality.
- Work in conjunction with manufacturing and quality departments to create manufacturing processes, quality plans, and inspection criteria.
- Work in conjunction with vendors and quality departments to verify first article inspection of new products and modified existing products.
- Setup schedules and perform necessary testing of first article samples to verify design intent.
- Provide technical support to corrective action process for assigned products.
- Develop and execute experiments to analyze product failure root cause.
- Review and interpret customer specifications.
- Interface with customers and outside vendors.
- Participate as a member of a Cross functional team and /or Project Team as required.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- BSME or equivalent with three to five years experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Solid Works (2D/3D) and MS office.
- Knowledge of the design of injection molded parts, interconnect devices, UL and IEC specifications and ISO procedures a plus.
- Must have some basic knowledge of ISO standards.
- Must have the knowledge to understand the OSHA and other federal and state regulations.
*This job description is inclusive of management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities as necessary.*
For more information:
E-mail resume to firstname.lastname@example.org