Manufacturing Advancement Center Among Five Central Mass Companies to be Honored by Associated Industries of Massachusetts
The Manufacturing Advancement Center (MAC),Woodmeister Corporation, Reed Machinery, Riverdale Mills Corporation, and FLEXcon Company, Inc. will receive 90 th Anniversary Regional Achievement Awards from the Associated Industries of Massachusetts (A.I.M.) at morning ceremonies on September 22, 2005 at National Grid in Westborough.
To celebrate its 90th anniversary, A.I.M, the Commonwealth's largest employer organization representing over 7,600 members, is recognizing individuals and institutions in each of five Massachusetts regions that have contributed to the vitality of the state’s economy, its business climate, and to the creation and retention of jobs.
Representatives from each regional company will be present to accept their respective awards which acknowledge their leadership, innovation and contributions that exhibit distinction as an employer, advancement of the goals of A.I.M.’s mission, or demonstrate excellence in the following categories:
A.I.M. Recognition Awards
- Manufacturing Advancement Center (MAC): Providing relevant, reliable information and excellent services by assisting A.I.M.’s efforts, or by serving as an industry or regional role model
A.I.M. Achievement Awards
- Woodmeister Corporation: Promoting the well being of A.I.M. members, their employees, and the prosperity of the Commonwealth as demonstrated by industry leadership or as a model of corporate social responsibility
- Reed Machinery: Improving the Massachusetts business climate through contributions that have made an impact on the economic vitality and strength of the community, region, or state
- Riverdale Mills Corporation: Proactively advocating fair and equitable public policy through support of programs that promote a healthy business climate, advance employment growth, and assist the prosperity of Massachusetts employers
International Achievement Awards
- FLEXcon Company, Inc: For outstanding effort by a Massachusetts employer to increase international trade activity that retains or generates jobs, and maintains the Commonwealth’s leadership as a global competitor, presented in conjunction with the Alliance for the Commonwealth’s 10 th anniversary
Over 80 nominations were submitted by A.I.M. staff, members of the Board of Directors, and others. Finalists were selected by five judges representing leading Massachusetts employers.
A.I.M.'s 90th anniversary celebration will culminate on November 10, 2005 at the Fairmont Copley Plaza, the site of the organization's first meeting, with a gala co-chaired by U.S. Senator Edward M. Kennedy and Governor Mitt Romney, whose respective fathers were speakers at A.I.M.'s 30th anniversary celebration in 1945. A portion of the proceeds from the anniversary events will be contributed to the University of Massachusetts Foundation for scholarships, and to the A.I.M. Foundation to support economic literacy programs.
The Associated Industries of Massachusetts is the largest nonprofit, nonpartisan association of Massachusetts employers. A.I.M.'s mission is to promote the well-being of its members and their employees and the prosperity of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts by improving the economic climate of Massachusetts, proactively advocating fair and equitable public policy, and providing relevant, reliable information and excellent services.
The 90th Anniversary celebration at National Grid is open to all Central Massachusetts companies. Pre-registration is required and can be done online at www.aimnet.org.