Manufacturing - Growing in New England
Welcome to the November 2008 Manufacturing Advancement Center & MassMEP Career Opportunities & Programs Update. Included are the latest job openings and events of interest across the region and highlights from the latest issue of The MAC Action Newsline.
Programs & Events
- Principles of Lean, Bath, ME — November 6, 2008
- Doing Business in Emerging Global Markets: Brazil & Mexico, Westwood, MA — November 6, 2008
- Export Logistics & Regulatory Compliance Certificate Series: Regulatory Compliance, Boston, MA — November 7, 2008
- 2008 Better Plastics Engineering Road Show, Cromwell, CT — November 10, 2008
- Manufacturing Engineering Master of Science Degree Program Webinar — November 12, 2008
- Northeastern University CEO Breakfast Forum: The Changing Face of the 21st Century Workforce, Leveraging Differences to Deliver Innovation and Value, Boston, MA — November 12, 2008
- SBIRs & Government Funds, Dartmouth, MA — November 12, 2008
- WPI Surface Metrology Innovation Series: Surface Textures for Bioengineering, Worcester, MA — November 13, 2008
- Export Logistics & Regulatory Compliance Certificate Series: Practices for Developing Export Procedures & Compliance Programs, Boston, MA — November 14, 2008
- WPI Surface Metrology Innovation Series: Abrasive Processes and Seals, Worcester, MA — November 14, 2008
- Doing Business in Emerging Global Markets: Russia, Clinton, MA — November 18, 2008
- Taking Action with Lean Accounting, Worcester, MA — November 19, 2008
- Beyond Compact Fluorescents - Energy Saving Methods for Manufacturing, Chicopee, MA — November 19, 2008
- Opto 22 Intelligent Remote I/O for Allen-Bradley Logix Platforms, Andover, MA — November 19, 2008
- Machine Tool Metrology 101, Windsor, CT — November 19-21
- Health & Welfare for Manufacturing: Best Practices in Benefits Administration for Manufacturing Organizations, Webinar — November 19, 2008
- Solving the Credit Puzzle, Waltham, MA — November 20, 2008
- STEM Symposium, College of the Holy Cross, Hogan Campus Center, Worcester, MA — December 3, 2008
- Tech Conference 2008: Alternative Energy, Can Middle Market Dealmakers Find Opportunity Amidst the Hype, Boston, MA — December 4, 2008
- Getting Your Foot in the Doors of New Accounts, Marketing & Sales Tactics, Dartmouth, MA — December 10, 2008
- Lean Champions Roundtable at Varian Semiconductor Equipment, Gloucester, MA — December 11, 2008
- ProMat, Chicago, IL — January 12-15, 2009
Quality Director, Gloucester, MA
Gloucester Engineering is looking for a Quality Director to develop and implement a comprehensive quality management strategy and plans, including resource, systems, timescales, and financials, to support, contribute to, and integrate within the organization's annual business plan and long term strategy. Position reports to President.
Process Engineer/Manufacturing Engineering, Waltham, MA
Tool & Die Maker, Pepperell, MA
BD Medical-Ophthalmic Systems, the world's leading supplier of medical devices, is seeking a Mechanical Engineer with at least 5 years of experience, preferably in a medical device or manufacturing environment.
Astron, Inc., has an immediate opening for a full time Tool & Die Maker. Candidate must be able to demonstrate the ability to manufacture, maintain & troubleshoot progressive stamping dies. Knowledge of draw dies is a plus.
MAC Action Newsline: Highlights
Plus Industry News